1984 Penfolds Grange Bin 95 Shiraz


1984 Penfolds Grange. High Shoulder. Professionally cellared.

Out of stock


1984 Penfolds Grange Bin 95 shiraz is a very good and classically structured wine drinking at its peak now.  Penfolds Grange is Australia’s most famous wine and it is recognised across the globe as one of the world’s best and most consistent multi region / multi vineyard blends.  Penfolds Grange has been made the same way since that famous first experimental vintage in 1951, the Penfolds Grange style, the Penfolds Grange DNA and that new American oak which Penfolds do so well.
During the Rewards of Patience – sixth edition – the 1984 Penfolds Grange was described as deep crimson in colour.  Evolved mocha/menthol/dark berry/cedar aromas.  The palate is long and expansive with richly concentrated mocha/dark berry fruit, underlying malt oak characters and chocolaty, firm tannins.  The 1984 Penfolds Grange is a classically structured wine, possessing considerable length at the finish and drinking at its peak now.  The 1984 Penfolds Grange is a blend of shiraz, 95% and the remaining 5% is made up with cabernet sauvignon with fruit sourced from the Kamlimna Vineyard, Barossa Valley, Magill Estate, McLaren Vale Coonawarra and Clare Valley.  A cool growing season followed by a cool, dry late vintage.  The 1984 Penfolds Grange was matured in American oak for 20 months.